Here are some of the few traditions we didn’t follow:
1. Vietnamese engagement with roasted pig.
2. Vietnamese tea ceremony with many loads of gifts and roasted pig.
3. 300+ guests reception at Chinese banquet hall.
4. Wearing a traditional red ao dai.
5. Having an intimate guest list of 125 people.
6. Blush color wedding dress instead of white.
7. No 10 course meal, instead a Korean/Japanese cuisine and sushi buffet.
But I honestly am so grateful for them for their support. They allowed us to follow our hearts and host a wedding we’re truly happy about. It reflects us well and our guests seemed to enjoy themselves fully.